- The Adventure of a Writer
- Being a writer is a beautiful thing.
6 Simple truths about writing you probably never knew.
1. Writers live forever because words don’t die.
2. A daunting 80% of writers get no formal training.
3. Another 81% of people believe there’s a book in them waiting to be written.
4. 30% of people don’t have job satisfaction.
5. Only 10% of writers sell more than 1000 copies of their books.
6. PWG is one of the few writers’ guilds committed to getting your word out there.
Stephen King said, to be a writer, you need to do two things a lot: read a lot, and write a lot.
The first question every writer must attempt to answer is the question of identity. Who am I? What is my story? What is my purpose? What is my calling? What do I hope to achieve in life? Who do I hope to impact?
- ARE YOU COMMITTED?
In those days, we hear of writer’s block and other interesting words associated with writing but a lot of this has changed. Now writers can use technique to block out every writer’s block. What you cannot block out is commitment. You need to get to sit at your desk and write. I write at my desk most of the time, but I also write wherever and whenever I get hooked.
- CHRISTIAN OR SECULAR
Who is a Christian writer?
I must define this phrase from the sincerity of my heart because it is a daunting question. Are you a Christian writer because you are a Christian? Or because you write Christian material, or both? A Christian writer I believe is someone who takes the word of God serious and propagates it through his/her writing.
To help us determine our role as Christian writers, let’s look at the 5 Ps of a Christian writer.
Unlimited opportunities abound and are increasing every day for you as a writer to get your voice, and your story out. At no point are you to despise an opportunity to write, short or long, paid or unpaid.
After all, you are a writer because you write.
- Creativity session:
1. Write your purpose and goal for wanting to become a trained Christian writer.
List five publications in which you would like your writing published. What would you like to write for these publishers
Writers live forever because words never die – Sinmisola Ogúnyinka