- Forms now available: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility and Judging for The True Dream Contest (TTDC) – Basic Questions Answered – The 2014 date for submission is June 20, 2014. The award will be announced on September 24, 2014. Details of the award will be communicated to contestants.
Terms and conditions:
1. Entrant may have had a book published or accepted for publication prior to the entry deadline.
2. Submitted stories may not be under consideration or submitted to other contests or publishers while under consideration for TTDC.
3. Submitted stories must not have been previously published. TTDC reserves the right to withdraw a prize if it is discovered that there is a breach of this term.
4. Poetry, song lyrics, scripts, and screenplays are not eligible.
5. Submitted stories must be the original work of the entrant(s).
6. Submitted stories must be FICTION or TRUE LIFE story. Non-fiction, essays, and articles are not eligible.
7. Submitted stories must be in the romance genre, and either end in marriage, or imply so.
8. Submitted stories must be written in English.
9. Submitted stories must be a complete work of not less than 12,000 words and no more than 15,000 words.
10. Entries are limited to one per person(s).
11. All rights to submitted stories remain the property of the author. Copyright will be entered in the name of the author. No submitted entry will be returned to the entrants.
12. Previous TTDC winners are not eligible to participate in this contest.
13. Contest judges reserve the right not to award a prize if no entries of suitable merit are received.
14. Submitted stories will be reviewed and judged utilizing a high standard of excellence. The Pleasant Writers’ Guild will select the judges to review the submitted stories. The judges will not know the identity of any entrant prior to deciding the winning submitted stories. Entrants shall not have the right to request reconsideration of a submitted story. The judges’ decisions will be final and binding on the entrants and not subject to challenge or appeal.
15. Judges or team members of the Pleasant Writers’ Guild will not offer a critique of non-winning manuscripts or enter into correspondence with entrants.
16. Only registered financial members of the Pleasant Writers’ Guild are eligible to enter this contest.
Submission and Format
1. Contest entries must be submitted in type-written, soft copy format.
2. Soft copy entries must be submitted:
i. To email@example.com.
ii. In Word document format (.doc or .docx.)
3. No hard copy entries will be accepted.
4. Soft copy submissions must include:
i. A registration form downloaded from www.pleasantwritersguild.com, and completed to include the entrant’s name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address, as well as the story title, number of pages, and approximate word count.
ii. The complete text of the story type-written format.
iii. A synopsis of the story (maximum of 500 words).
iv. A signed agreement slip by the entrant.
4. Submissions must be received on or before the deadline as an attached document file.
5. Registration is free but the entrant must be a financial, registered member of the Pleasant Writers’ Guild.
6. Entries must be submitted with text in 12-point of standard font (such as Times Roman or Arial), using double space, with pages numbered consecutively.
7. Text should contain no extra space between paragraphs and with first line of each paragraph indented.
8. Every entry on the registration form must be properly filled. No item on the form should be left blank.
9. The entrant’s name must not appear on any of the pages of the book or synopsis. There must be no language, symbol, or other information in the story or synopsis that indicates the entrant’s identity.
10. Type-written entries should be labeled with only the book title.
11. Submissions must not contain any content or material which (i) infringes upon or otherwise violates the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any person or entity, (ii) is defamatory or constitutes an invasion of privacy, (iii) is unlawful, (iv) would reasonably cause harm or injury of any kind to any person or entity, (v) discriminates against any person or entity in any manner whatsoever, or (vi) is explicit, x-rated, with vulgar language, or graphic sexual scenery.
12. Each winning entrant is responsible for obtaining all necessary permissions for use of excerpts and quotations from third party works. Excerpts and quotations must be properly credited.
13. For acknowledgment of receipt of contest materials, only shortlisted entrants will be sent an email to the email addresses provided on their forms (no other acknowledgment will be offered). Entrants who do not receive acknowledgement of their entries must accept the entry has not scaled through to the semi-finals and finals in good faith, and should not further make contacts to the effect with the Pleasant Writers’ Guild team.
14. Submissions not meeting all contest requirements will be disqualified.
15. Judges shall not be responsible for lost, unreadable, or defective entries.
16. Non-winning entries will remain in custody of the Pleasant Writers’ Guild but will not be used for any purposes without the written permission of the entrant.
17. Acknowledgements and dedications should be OMITTED COMPLETELY from entries.
18. The entrant, for himself or herself and any person or entity claiming through or on behalf of the entrant, hereby indemnifies, defends, and holds harmless the released parties from and against any and all damages, claims, causes of action, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) incurred by the released parties arising from the entrant’s (i) violation of these terms and conditions, (ii) submission of a manuscript for which the entrant does not possess the requisite legal or other proprietary rights (in whole or in part) or necessary permissions from third parties, and (iii) participation, or exclusion or disqualification from participation, in The True Dream Contest.
19. The True Dream Contest is void where prohibited by applicable law.
I agree to the above stated terms and conditions of The True Dream Contest 2014: Please endorse and save copy.
Name of Entrant: _______________________________________________________________________________________
Date: ____________________________________ Sign: ______________________________________.